至今為止, 在國際期刊或專書已經出版論文70 多篇, 出版的論文包括中文、英文、日文、韓文、越南文等。有多篇論文現為美國夏威夷等大學的指定閱讀教材。以下僅列出近5年著作。
1. 國際期刊論文 (都有審查制)
- Zhang, Chi & Hung, Hsiao-chun 2012. Later hunter-gatherers in southern China, 18,000-3000 BC. Antiquity 86(331): 11-29
- Hung, Hsiao-chun, Shuling Yang, Kim Dung Nguyen and Peter Bellwood. 2012. Taiwan nephrite overseas and their Beinan cultural characteristics. Field Archaeology of Taiwan 15 (1):19-40 (in Chinese).
- Hung, Hsiao-chun, Mike Carson, Peter Bellwood 2012. Earliest settlement in the Marianas-a response. Antiquity 86 (333): 910-914.
- Hung, Hsiao-chun 2012. Sa Huynh- Kalanay and Pre-Sa Huynh Interaction across the South China Sea. Bulletin of Science 1: 45-58. Vietnam National Museum of History ( Invitated presentation in the International Conference on 100 years of Sa Huynh Culture, Quang Ngai, Vietnam, July 2009. Selected and translated into Vietnamese by Vietnam National Museum of History, Hanoi.)(in Vietnamese)
- Zhang, C. & Hsiao-chun Hung 2013. Jiahu 1: earliest farmers beyond the Yangtze River. Antiquity 87:46-63.
- Carson, Mike T., Hsiao-chun Hung, Glenn Summerhayes & Peter Bellwood. 2013. The pottery trail from Southeast Asia to the Pacific. Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology 8:17-36.
- Hung, H.C., K.D. Nguyen, P. Bellwood and M.T. Carson. 2013. Coastal connectivity: Long-term trading networks across the South China Sea'.Journal of Island & Coastal Archaeology 8(3): 384-404.
- Amano, N, Piper, P, Hung, H.C. and Bellwood, P. 2013. Introduced Domestic Animals in the Neolithic and Metal Age of the Philippines: Evidence From Nagsabaran, Northern Luzon. Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology 8(3):317-335.
- Hung, H.C. and Carson, M. T. 2014. Foragers, fishers and farmers: origins of the Taiwan Neolithic. Antiquity 88:1115-1131.
- Carson, M.T. and Hung, H.C. 2014. Semiconductor theory in migration: population receivers, homelands, and gateways in Taiwan and Island Southeast Asia. World Archaeology 46(4):502-515.
- Zhang, Chi & Hung, Hsiao-chun 2016. Early maritime adaptation in coastal China. Nan Fang Wen Wu [Relics from South] 3:1-13 (ISSN:1004-6275) (in Chinese)
- Hung, Hsiao-chun and Chao, Chin-yung 2016. Taiwan’s early Metal Age and Southeast Asian trading systems. Antiquity 90(354): 1537-1551.
- Nguyen, Kim Dung, Hsiao-chun Hung and Yoshiyuki Iizuka 2016. Electron probe microanalysis for studying Sa Huynh trading Jewelry. Thong Bao Khoa Hoc (Archaeological Magazine) 2016: 38 - 55 (National Museum of History, Hanoi)(ISBN:978-604-9802-98-0) (In Vietnamese).
- Deng, Zhenhua, Hsiao-chun Hung, Mike T. Carson, Peter Bellwood, Shu-ling Yang, Houyuan Lu 2017. The first discovery of Neolithic rice remains in eastern Taiwan: phytolith evidence from the Chaolaiqiao site, Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences, first online 6 February 2017 (DOI: 10.1007/s12520-017-0471-z)
2. 書本內單篇 (都有審查制)
- Zhang, Chi & & Hsiao-chun Hung 2012. The emergence of agriculture in southern China, selected by E. Weiss (ed.), Physical Anthropology: Selections from Popular Science to Primary Research, pp. 227-242. San Diego: University Readers (this paper originally published in Antiquity in 2010, and selected by editor for republication).
- Zhang, Chi and Hung, Hsiao-chun 2013. East Asia: Archaeology, in Immanuel Ness and Peter Bellwood (eds.), Encyclopedia of Human Migration, Volume 1: Prehistory, pp. 209–216. New York: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Bellwood, P. & Hung, H.C. 2013. The dispersals of early food producers from southern China into Southeast Asia, in Hemudu Museum (ed.), Hemudu Culture International Forum, China Modern Economic Publishing House, Beijing, pp. 95-107 (in Chinese); pp 160-175 (in English).
- Hung, H.C. & Iizuka, Y 2013, The Batanes Nephrite Artefacts, in Peter Bellwood and Eusebio Dizon (ed.), 4000 Years of Migration and Cultural Exchange: The Archaeology of the Batanes Islands, Northern Philippines (Terra Australis 40), ANU E Press, Canberra, pp. 149-168.
- Hung, H.C. 2013, From Coastal Southern China to the Pacific - an update of archaeological perspectives on early Austronesian expansion, in Kwang-tzuu Chen and Cheng-hwa Tsang (ed.), New Lights on East Asian Archaeology, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, pp. 279-332. (in Chinese)
- Carson, M & Hung, H.C. 2014, Pacific islands: finding the earliest sites, in C. Smith (ed.), Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology: 5693-5696, New York: Springer Science+Business Media.
- Hung, H.C. 2014. Jade in Southeast Asia. In Helaine Selin (ed.), Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures. New York: Springer. DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-3934-5_9927-1
- Hung, H.C. 2014. Rice in China. In Helaine Selin (ed.), Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures. New York: Springer.DOI 10.1007/978-94-007-3934-5_10026-1
- Zhang, C. & Hung, H.C. 2015. Eastern Asia: Archaeology. In Peter Bellwood (ed), The Global Prehistory of Human Migration: 209-216. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Carson, M.T. and Hung, H.C. 2015. On the Beach in Remote Oceania. In Martin Carver, Bisserka Gaydarska and Sandra Monton-Sabias (eds), Field Archaeology from Around the World: Ideas and Approaches: 133-136. New York: Springer.
- Oxenham, Marc F., Anna Willis, Hsiao-chun Hung, Ruth Page, Hirofumi Matsumura 2016. Dealing with Death in Late Neolithic to Metal Period Nagsabaran, the Philippines. Handbook of the Bioarchaeology of Southeast Asia and the Pacific, Routledge.
- Hung, Hsiao-chun 2016. The formation and dispersal of early Austronesian-speaking populations: new evidence from Taiwan, the Philippines, and the Marianas of western Micronesia. In Bagyo Prasetyo, Titi Surti Nastiti, and Truman Simanjuntak (eds.), Austronesian Diaspora: A new perspective, pp. 125-144. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
- Matsumura, Hirofumi Matsumura, Truman Simanjuntak, Adhi Agus Oktaviana, Sofwan Noerwidi, Dyah Prastiningtyas, Nguyen Lan Cuong, Marc Oxenham, Anna Willis, Rahayuningsih Restu, Martha Hana, and Hsiao-chun Hung 2016. Verifying Austronesian Hypothesis from the Skeletal Human Remains from Gua Harimau
Site in Sumatra. In Bagyo Prasetyo, Titi Surti Nastiti, and Truman Simanjuntak (eds.), Austronesian Diaspora: A new perspective, pp. 495-510. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
- Hung, Hsiao-chun 2016. Pottery and betelnut-chewing culture in ancient Austronesian society. In L.W. Hung (ed.), Archaeology, History and Indigenous Peoples: New Perspectives on the Ethic Relations of Taiwan, pp. 109-137. Taipei: Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines (in Chinese).
Borao, J.E. & Hung, H.C. (eds.) 2015. Recovering the Past of Jilong: New Archaeological Findings from Heping Island of Northern Taiwan. Taipei: SMC Publishing Inc (Bilingual, in Chinese and in English).
Hung, H.C. 2014. A review of trade, exchange, and sociopolitical development in Iron Age (500 BC – AD 500) Mainland Southeast Asia: an examination of stone and glass beads from Cambodia and Thailand, by Alison Kyra Carter. Asian Archaeology. http://dissertationreviews.org/archives/8878 (Invited Review)